Just in case you haven’t convinced yourself of this fact yet, allow me to share some statistics (National Sales Executive Association) which may scare the life out of you but at the same time show how much opportunity there is to increase your sales.
48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
25% of sales people never make a second contact
12% of sales people only make a maximum of 3 contacts and stop
These are staggering statistics but even more staggering is that only:-
10% of businesses make no more than 3 contacts.
So, what does all this mean……?
Sales people and businesses are losing a small fortune because…
2% of sales are made on the first contact
3% of sales are made on the second contact
5% of sales are made on the third contact
10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
So, if you are like the majority of sales people and only make contact with your prospects once, then you are leaving 98% of business on the table for your competitors to come along and pick up.
As if that wasn’t bad enough here’s why it is even worse than you think. Let’s have a look at why people stop buying from businesses.
3% move away
5% follow a friend or relatives recommendation
9% find an alternative they perceive to be better quality or value
14% are dissatisfied with the products or services
Wait for it…….
68% stop buying because of INDIFFERENCE.
They take their business elsewhere simply because they don’t feel valued.
1. Work out a multiple contact plan to include:
- Direct Mailings – Letters/Postcards
- Telephone calls
- Online activities
Did you know, if you follow up a mailing with a telephone call, you can improve results by 50 – 1000 %.( yes, one thousand percent!)
2. To prevent your clients moving to the competition because they don’t feel valued and are unhappy with being treated with indifference
- Get together with colleagues and have an ideas session on ways that you can keep in touch with your clients. Adding value with useful information, web links, articles or may be a birthday card or Anniversary of Doing Business card. I use www.PersonallyCorporate.com They do it all for me and make it look as if I have written the cards myself.
- Discuss ways of keeping in regular contact after the sale
- Discuss ways of providing the extra or unexpected service
Change your thinking and your actions and
“Increase Your Sales In 30 Days”
HERE IS SOME FREE STUFF FOR YOU